Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thom Browne S/S 2011: Things I Love

Where do I begin... I think I've written after every single Thom Browne show to say that I wish I could have been there. It is so much more than just seeing a collection -- it is an experience. From his Pitti show with 40 models sitting at desks, to showcasing a S/S collection at an indoor swimming pool, to models sleeping on cots to open the show... Thom does it all!

This season he moved the show for his own line (versus the collection he does for Moncler) to Paris. And he put the models in spacesuits. And they had yellow glitter lips (an evolution from his last NY show where they all had a black striped down their lips). And it all looked amazing!

Really liked the variation on the jacket and shorts -- a lot of stripes, use of Thom's core palette (white, blue, red, gray) and a very playful streak.

I've included photos from two of my favorite looks... sharks and some fun yellow madras. And while I want both, I know Thom's price points and firmly believe these will remain in my dream closet, and not my real one.





You can check out all of the looks at Style.com: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2011MEN-TBROWNE. You can also see a video of the show from the T Magazine blog: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/28/now-screening-thom-browne-2/.

Enjoy!

No comments: