Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Florsheim by Duckie Brown Wingtips: Things I Want

There are a pair of Gucci loafers I've had for almost 8 years. They are by far my favorite shoes and I continually take them into my local shoe repair to get them cleaned or re-soled. Sam (the owner of said shoe repair) warns me that one day he won't be able to fix them and I will have to just replace these amazing loafers that I've walked in all over the world.

So in an attempt to see what could be a viable replacement, I've started scouting shoes. I recently came across some items from the Florsheim by Duckie Brown collaboration, and have to say there were some good options! I've always enjoyed Duckie Brown's collections for their own label and their work with Florsheim is a great extension of that.

Of everything I saw, these laceless wings were my favorite. They come in a variety of colors but I'm partial to navy. I really like the detailing, keeping these like a traditional wingtip. But then they've left out the laces and put in an elastic tongue, which I think gives the shoe that subtle design pop.


You really should check out the rest of the collection (the brogues were also pretty awesome), here at the dedicated Florsheim by Duckie Brown website. Happy shoe hunting!


No comments: