Saturday, December 4, 2010

Levi's x Billy Reid Coat: Things I Have

There has been a lot of talk lately about Billy Reid. He won GQ Designer of the Year and then just recently was named the winner of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund. Those are some pretty big nods!

Coming out of his GQ win, Reid did a collaboration with Levi's. I hadn't actually seen any of it in store yet (I pretty much shop for a living, how did this escape me?), until I was at Bloomingdale's this week (more on that later -- I was impressed with the array of labels they offered).

Today I went back and tried on a piece from the Levi's x Billy Reid collection that had caught my eye, a thick black wool coat. It was amazing.

It's a short coat, hitting at the waist, and has great structure around the shoulders so fits perfectly. I tried it on with just my t-shirt, with a hoodie, and with a sweater and it looked great with each.

Needless to say I grabbed it and ran, and am now super excited to wear it as the weather gets colder. All in all, there were some really great pieces from both the Levi's collab and Reid's signature line. And I will now keep checking into Bloomingdale's to make sure I see the next arrival!


Go to Reid's website and see this and the rest of his great work. And congrats Billy on all of the recent accolades!

No comments: