Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Bright (And Tropical) Spring at Michael Bastian for Gant: NYFW Review

I've seen the future (or at least Spring '12) and it includes yellow denim and zinc oxide. For his latest collaboration with Gant, Michael Bastian took us to Hawaii, and I don't want to leave.

The whole presentation was fun and playful, and stayed so well within the Bastian aesthetic and the Gant range.

First thing I noticed when I walked in was this plaid cotton blazer paired with the over-dyed yellow jean. I loved the colored lips on the women, reminding me of applying brightly colored Zinka on the beach.


I was really drawn to this tonal seersucker blazer (I never say no to seersucker) and the printed turtle shorts.


Another super blazer (I mean, my whole closet may just become jackets), casual and light with the elbow patches to add some contrast.


Okay fine, another seersucker look... this time in both the jacket and pants. And I loved the sandals!


Style.com has the full collection for your viewing pleasure...

No comments: