Thursday, December 29, 2011

Saddle Shoes from Walk-Over: Things I Have

I recently wrote about the rockin' Zachary boot from Walk-Over shoes, and before the holidays got quite a few wears in... but as I headed to California last week to see family, I brought along another pair they had kindly sent, the Walk-Over saddle shoe.

Been wanting saddle shoes for a while -- a very classic piece that has been on a resurgence. I gave them a whirl in the 'burbs of San Francisco and found them to be super comfortable...and super stylish.

I'm all about the color contrast, and the texture contrast between the suede and leather. Both help the shoe stand out, without taking over the look.

Here I styled them with a Thom Browne shirt, Black Fleece cardigan, and Uniqlo denim.


Of course in a very comfortable 50 degree California winter, I started out going sockless... so easy to wear with jeans for a casual day out.


But then I tried on a pair of Happy Socks for a little kick...



Check out these and some other great saddle color combinations on the Walk-Over site...

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Are these more comfortable with or without socks?