Thursday, February 16, 2012

Gant by Michael Bastian Fall 2012: Things I Love

While I was at the Michael Bastian show on Monday, I couldn't make it to yesterday's Gant by Michael Bastian presentation. Which is a shame because a) they're always very festive and b) I'm slightly addicted to both the MB and Rugger lines from Gant.

But I did follow the live tweets from Michael Hainey, Nick Sullivan, and Ray Smith at the event, which itself was quite lively. For yet another season Bastian has seamlessly integrated the two brands -- incorporating the sophistication and detail of MB with the more casual preppy playfulness of Gant.

My favorite piece in the collection (slightly hidden by the overcoat) was a deep red blazer. Tucked Style tweeted a photo of it, and the color just really spoke to me. As someone who only buys navy jackets, this piece would be a welcome addition.


There were definitely a lot of layers in each of the looks, as you can see here. I loved the texture on these pants, the subtle grid giving it some depth (and reminding me of some key MB collection pieces!).


And of course, I had to call out a DB blazer. This one, with the pattern and the notched lapel was too cool to pass up. I assume it's wool (wish I'd been there in person to find out!) and would be a great piece to layer over a sweater come Fall.


Now I've given you a taste (and your eyes are going bonkers from the Mod set), check out the rest of the collection at GQ.


No comments: