Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Navy Loafers from Sid Mashburn: Things I Have

Last weekend I was in Atlanta and made sure to keep my Saturday free for a trip to Sid Mashburn. The store is incredible, so well merchandised and appointed, and the sales team is beyond knowledgeable. 

On this trip my friend and I were helped by none other than Sid Mashburn himself... but more on that later (when I write about the amazing new suit I bought).

Before I'd arrived I did a little research on their website and had seen a great pair of navy loafers. So of course during the course of my store visit I had to try them on. I loved the color -- a really dark navy (which Sid recommended polishing with black). A rubber sole, and a really simple and clean design.



And they are so comfortable, so I couldn't resist wearing them on my first day back in NYC... and of course received numerous comments and compliments.


Handmade in Italy, these are a gently priced + will make a great shoe for Summer as well as transition into Fall. Check them out here for more info (and pick up a pair for yourself!).

1 comment:

NJGentlemanFarmer said...

Hi,
I was wondering if you can comment on the fit of these, do they run true to size? How about the width, narrow/wide? Are they comparable to any of the Alden lasts? They look great but I would be buying online so trying to get as much info as possible.
Thanks!
Kevin