Thursday, June 28, 2012

Shorts Suit from Raf Simons: Things I Want

As the temps climb in NYC, I've been discussing with colleagues the viability of a suit with shorts to combat the heat. While I have some nice shorts, and no shortage of jackets, nothing in my closet that is polished enough for office wear.

The other trend noticed coming out of last week's Milan menswear shows is the strong solid colors in suiting: Gucci had some great ones, and as I write this the Twitter feed out of the Dries show is saying the same. 

Bringing these two together... Raf Simons, in this week's Paris show. I am obsessed with the bold green and blue he chose. It is stronger than what was shown at Gucci, not quite as pastel, which for me means more cross-season versatility. 

I also love the shorts -- the length is perfect for me, and the front slit adds a great dimension to the overall look.



You can see the rest of Raf's Spring '13 collection here -- and stay tuned for me rockin' a shorts suit next year!

No comments: