Monday, August 6, 2012

Leather + Rubber Lace-Ups from Prada: Things I Want

Last Friday I decided to go check out the new shoe floor at Barney's -- they've turned the fifth floor into a mixed men's and women's shoe palace... 

I have to admit I was really impressed. The space is beautiful, well laid out, and there was an interesting mix of men's shoes available.  Definitely an opportunity for Barney's to grow and expand in this category. 

While I was exploring I saw some amazing Rick Owens hightops, the Balenciaga sneakers I've been ogling, and these amazing Prada lace-ups.

These are incredible -- a leather lace-up with a rubber outer layer applied to the sole and the bottom third of the shoe. The pointed protrusions on the sole are a little much for me, but I could get over it just based on the novelty.


I feel like I'd need a Prada suit to go with these shoes, or something very classic that can handle the shocking red rubber... but I'd be willing to give it a try! Check them out here on the Prada site.

No comments: