Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just One Look: Public School Spring 2013

Okay, well actually two looks... I am definitely coveting the jacket with leather sleeves, below. But the dinner jacket with shawl collar also caught my eye.

Public School was high on my list to see for Spring '13, as I'd really enjoyed the vibe they showed during their re-launch last season.

So about this dinner jacket... the favorite piece currently in my closet is a Patrik Ervell navy tuxedo, and the jacket has a black satin shawl collar. So how could I not obsess on this version from Public School.

And given that Noah Mills closed the Michael Bastian show in his own version of a light colored dinner jacket with black shawl collar, this is looking like a trend for Spring.


But for me the real winner in the collection, and a piece that seemed to connect to the brand's ethos, is this cotton jacket with leather sleeves. It's not your regular dark denim jacket: the washed fabric gives it a well-worn look. And the color of the leather sleeves is light enough to keep the contrast from being too harsh. 

This is definitely a jacket perfect for Spring, and one that can be worn any number of ways.


GQ has all of the looks from Public School and stay tuned for more info via the brand's website.

No comments: