Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Double Breasted Blazer from Band of Outsiders: Things I Have


To readers of this site, it will come as no surprise that I have been searching for a great double breasted blazer. Last Spring I thought I'd found one in linen, only to discard it as too seasonal (and too prone to wrinkling). So my search continued... until now. 

I was recently doing some Fall shopping at Barney's and came across a beautiful DB from Band of Outsiders. As soon as I tried it on I knew I'd found a winner... it fit perfectly throughout the shoulders and the arms, and with Band's tendency towards cropped jackets, the length is just as I like it. 

There are suede elbow patches, and it is lined in the classic blue & white stripe that the brand is known for. However the best part of all is that it is made from a wool and cashmere blend, making it the warmest sturdiest softest blazer I may ever own.


I wore it for the first time this week and whether buttoned (where it fits perfectly snug) or unbuttoned (where the drape of the jacket adds great dimension), I have definitely invested in a piece I will have and wear for a long time to come. 

No comments: