Sunday, January 27, 2013

MSGM: Things I Love

I love that moment of discovery -- finding a new brand (or new to me) that strikes a chord and piques your interest. For me it was a few weeks ago while perusing Fucking Young and coming across some pictures from Italian brand MSGM.

Founded in 2008 they produce both men's and women's collections, full of prints and patterns and wholly unafraid of color. So of course I loved it.

Designed by Massimo Giorgetti (and tagged by Vogue Italia as "Who's On Next" in 2010), there is a definite youthfulness to the men's selections. I started to see influences from Dries, Frankie Morello, Jeremy Scott, and Marni. 

Here a few of my favorite looks from the soon to be released Spring '13:


A mind-bending green and yellow dot print, shawl collar, and cropped just enough pant makes this a perfect bright + light suited look for Spring.


Multi-colored knit that is eye-catching but not overpowering, paired with a red and navy print short, cuffed for a neat and tidy look.


This jacket really did it for me -- either paired with the black and white shirt seen here, or just a black shirt and cropped white shorts. 

Now for the tricky part, finding MSGM in the States. Frankly, good luck (especially for men's). But check out their website + perhaps your upcoming European travels will score you some fun additions for Spring!

No comments: