Thursday, March 14, 2013

2013 CFDA Swarovski Menswear Nominees: Just One Look

Last night the CFDA announced their nominees for the 2013 CFDA Awards... and while on the women's side there were no real surprises, I was excited to see some of my favorite names in men's. Michael Bastian, Thom Browne, and Duckie Brown were all nominated for Menswear Designer of the Year. I've been longtime fans of all three, and I was interested to see Duckie make the jump to nominee this year, as they just started a much talked about collaboration with Perry Ellis.

For the Swarovski Award for Menswear, the nominees were Todd Snyder, Tim Coppens, and Public School. All so different in their aesthetic, and all three I have been talking about incessantly as of late... so am really excited to see each of their names!

Thought I'd share a favorite look of the Swarovski nominees' Fall 2013 collections, as we wait for the June award ceremony to see who takes the prize.

Tim Coppens showed quilted shorts for Spring and I loved it even more as pants for Fall:


This shearling-collared belted jacket blew me away at Todd Snyder's Fall presentation:


The layering and street-influenced look at Public School always impresses:




Images: Fucking Young, Selectism

No comments: